Time: 20 mins (+20 mins in the oven)
Makes: 12 cup cakes
Ever thought of using granola for a little crunchy goodness on top of a cake? We whipped up a batch of sugar-free banana blueberry muffins, topped with yoghurt (n)icing and Almond, Cranberry & Pistachio granola and they were rather banging, if we do say so ourselves…
3 medium RIPE bananas, mashed to a smooth paste
1/4 cup full fat yogurt
1/2 cup coconut water
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
150g fresh or frozen blueberries
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour, sifted
1 cup ground almonds, sifted to remove lumps
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup strained full fat greek yoghurt
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Granola for Gangsters almond, cranberry & pistachio
- Preheat the oven to to 180ºC/350F/gas 4.
- Whisk all of the wet ingredients, except the blueberries, until well blended and as smooth as possible.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the blueberries and stir through gently.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cup cake cases and pop in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool and serve warm with lashings of the yoghurt (n)icing, a good sprinkle of granola and a drizzle of honey.
We love seeing how you bring your A-game to the breakfast party – tag @granolaforgangsters in your badass breakfast creations and use the hashtags #granolaforgangsters #badassbreakfast